Monday, August 15, 2011

Trip to the Dentist!

I took the boys to have their teeth cleaned on Friday, thankfully my Mom was here to help me with Emerson. Honestly, I was a little apprehensive as to how it would go. I took Peyton and Lawson to a Pediatric Dentist here in Birmingham, and our experience could NOT have been better! When we got there, they had an area decorated like a drive in movie...the boys loved "driving" the cars and getting to watch a movie while we waited!
Picnik collage
Picnik collage
Picnik collage

When we were called back they had several colorful chairs lined up and there were tv's with the movie playing in the ceiling. Peyton was great, he laid back like a big boy and let the hygenist do her job...Lawson on the other hand, had quite the melt down, which they said was normal for his age. The staff was so kind and comforting, they worked fast to get him finished and settled again.

After the cleaning they took Peyton to have "pictures" taken of his teeth and they said he looked great, NO CAVITIES! YEAH! Both boys had good reports!
Copy of DSCN2557

After their cleaning, they painted the boys hands and did their hand prints on a ceiling tile and took their pictures for the "good report" bulletin boards. They staff has done lots of these little hand print tiles, they're pretty cute and something for the kids to look at when they're laying in their chair!

As for Lawson and his thumb sucking, the Dr. said we need to get him to stop that as quickly as possible because his teeth are shifting. He gave us a polish to paint on it and he's NOT been sucking his thumb at all! I've been painting it at night and it's been lasting throughout the next day, here's hoping it's that easy!!

To celebrate their good reports, we went and ate lunch at Johnny Rockets, and had a burger, fries and of course a tastey shake!
Picnik collage
Copy of DSCN2569
Copy of DSCN2568

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Courtney! I just happened to find your blog through Rebekah B.'s and I was so excited! I hope you guys are doing well--I miss seeing you at MDO! Alexee and Crosby just started back there yesterday.
    :) Jamie Garner

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...