Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Happy Birthday Emerson

Emerson Clark Head, how can he be 8 years old today?  This sweet boy of ours is pretty easy going, happy most of the time and shows great concern and care for his friends and family.  He's quick to stand up for someone who is being made fun of (including his siblings) and will fiercely defend them.  Emerson Clark, you are a true gift to our family and we couldn't imagine our world without you in it.

I absolutely love this picture that Jenny McHam captured of him.   If pictures made noise, you'd hear this boys belly laughter coming on real strong...I can "hear" it every time I look at this picture and it makes me smile.  Emerson is our jokester, he loves to read jokes, tell jokes and make others laugh. He brings real joy and delight to our family and we are so thankful for his light hearted nature.
DSC_8075-26
Emerson has always been enthralled with cowboys, so we decided to try horseback riding lessons.   In the last year he has learned how to take care of horses, how to get them saddled up and how to ride.  It's been fun to watch him grow in this area--gaining confidence in the barn and while handling Gigi and Max.
IMG_6874

IMG_2530-2
Catching balls inside a cone while riding a moving horse takes balance and coordination and he is GREAT at this little exercise.

IMG_6853-2

This sweet boy of mine loves to read, do Lego's, play with his brothers, write letters to friends, and keep things in some semblance of order.  We could not imagine our family without Emerson in it.  He is a kind hearted, thoughtful, loving little boy who gives the very best hugs!  My heart swells with pride when I think of him wrapping those skinny arms around my waist and pulling me close for a hug telling me, "Mom, I sure love you.  Thanks for signing me up for basketball and for taking me each week" (... or to horseback riding or for making his favorite meal, etc...this little boy is grateful and appreciative, and I love him to the moon and back!)
DSC_8077-27
Emerson-We hope today you know how much Daddy and I love you and are so thankful that God placed you in our family!  Happy Birthday bud!
DSC_8089-29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...