Monday, October 8, 2018

Napa Valley Part 3

Our third and final day started off at Patland Winery.  At the top of Atlas Peak where four families call The Caves at Soda Canyon their home, are four first generation winemakers with the common goal of making delicious wines with an unwavering commitment to quality.
IMG_0171
IMG_3067
Upon reaching the top of the peak the guys couldn't help themselves when they saw this huge rock formation, all they wanted to do was climb up on top and take a picture.
IMG_0270
They were so proud of themselves!


IMG_0171
IMG_0307
IMG_0303
For lunch we stopped at Kelleher Family Food and Wine Experience which was probably one of my favorite places we did a pairing and tasting.  The food they served was impeccable and oh so yummy.
IMG_0171
IMG_3084
IMG_3072
IMG_0301-2
IMG_0275
Our final stop of the day was at Clif Family Estate, as in the same Clif's that make the bar.  It was truly a boutique feel and one that we all really enjoyed.
IMG_0171
IMG_0351

IMG_3105

IMG_0313

IMG_3116

IMG_3125

I was so grateful for the chance to get out of town with these two couples.  Getting away, making memories, enjoying time together while also having down time with my spouse in a beautiful location was a real gift.  I'm thankful that I have a husband that I consider my best friend, one who I enjoy being with and who loves me implicitly.   I'm so very thankful for these friends.  There's not a lot of people you can travel with for five days where something quirky or ugly doesn't come out, but honestly, these friends were wonderful and I feel blessed to call each one of these my friend.  (Tony, our driver from Napa Native, did a great job.  If you're headed to the wine country and want some one to give you some history, information and get you from one place to another in a timely manner, then we highly recommend Tyler the owner of Napa Native).
IMG_0358-2
Our trip to Napa was at a perfect time.  Adam and I needed a few days to get away from the pace of life as did the others on our trip.  We were thankful for the opportunity to get away and make some beautiful memories...until next time.
IMG_0171

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...