Thursday, January 18, 2018

Arkansas' "Sno-pocalypse"

In Arkansas, we don't experience a lot of snow, so when the meteorologists began predicting some wintery mix for most of the state, people began going nuts. The bread and milk were flying off the shelves at Kroger as was the chicken broth and cheese.  I ran in to get some hot chocolate and chicken broth and was shocked by the hysteria.
IMG_3312-2
When I woke up early that morning (4am to be exact--when Adam left the house to go check the roads and the parking lot at CARTI) I was excited to see the snow on the deck. Seeing the pure white, snowy calm outside was fun to take in.
IMG_3317
IMG_3320
On Monday night sleet and snow started coming down and the prayers for a snow day ended the evening for our kids.  They woke with snow day enthusiasm and were quick to ask me to get the ski clothes tote box out of the attic.  With it being 10 degrees outside, I figured that it would likely take longer to get the four kids fully layered up for the frigid cold then the amount of time they'd actually spend outside playing---and I was right, but since we only get one or two snow days each year--I did my motherly duty.
IMG_3393
IMG_3329
IMG_3340
IMG_3341
IMG_3351
IMG_3370
Playing with friends on a snow day was the cherry on top of being out of school!  We walked to the park and let the kids play for a bit.  Though we didn't last too long, just about half and hour before all our cheeks were bright red, our fingers were totally frozen (even inside our ski gloves) and we were ready for some hot chocolate, soup and a fire!
IMG_7971
I sure love these four kiddos!  We enjoyed our extended four day weekend.
IMG_3382
IMG_3435
Oh.My.Word this little girl--she has my WHOLE heart! 
IMG_3395

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...