Saturday, November 16, 2013

Peyton's 7th Birthday

Today was Peyton's birthday. He got to do something he's never done before, go to deer camp and shoot a gun. To say he was excited is quite the understatement. He had a blast picking out his camo attire and for days he's been wanting to wear it around the house. He, Adam and my Dad headed down there last night and he was beyond giddy!
IMG_3086

The deer camp is in Bald Knob and takes about an hour to get there; he could hardly wait. He loved spending the night there and being one of the "guys".
IMG_0011.JPG

Here's a view of part of the property...
photo-58

They didn't get a deer this time but they did see several. He had a great time shooting the 22 caliber rifle...he's been asking us to get him his own, all day long!
photo-56


Once the boys got back from the woods, we enjoyed a "delicious" meal that he requested, grilled hotdogs and cheese dip, that was simple enough! Then we celebrated with a cookie cake and watching the new 101 Dalmations.
IMG_3099
IMG_3097

Adam and I had the kids sit on the rug and we all shared "what I like about Peyton". Lawson said, "I love to jump on the trampoline with him and ride bikes" and "he always helps me tie my shoes." Emerson, who has quite the shoe fetish said, "he helps me put on my shoes" which is HUGE to him (and a help to me!) Adam told Peyton how proud he was of how many verses he'd memorized this past year, and seeing his diligence in trying to apply God's word to his life. The thing that sticks out the most to me about Peyton this past year is his willingness to take initiative, to empty and take out the trash without being asked and to pull out the vacuum cleaner and vacuum the entire house again, without being asked. We've seen him learning how to be responsible and how to help out when he sees something that needs to be done. We can hardly believe that this little guy is 7 years old, we have been so blessed and can't wait to see what this next year holds for him!

Happy Birthday Bud, we love you so much!!
IMG_3088

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...