Monday, April 20, 2015

Kids with Character and Time with the Big Boys

Every month our school has a Kids With Character assembly. This year, both our big boys got chosen for the character quality of Loyalty. It was fun to see them both up there at the same time. I do believe that both Peyton and Lawson have true loyalty toward one another, their friends, and family. "Loyalty" is being faithful to one's oath, commitments or obligations. Adam and I are definitely beginning to see sprouts of growth in this area and were so proud of both of them!
IMG_4809

IMG_4767

IMG_4812


Don't they look thrilled to be taking this picture with Mom? Because of their "loyalty" they obliged me!
IMG_4819


Right after the assembly finished it was time to go on the kindergarten field trip to the Wonder Place. I was curious to see if it was too "young" for their age but honestly, all the classes seemed to have a really great time at all the stations whether fishing, playing in the sand, with the blocks, coloring, dressing up, playing make believe or selling things in the market, they all seemed to have a blast!
IMG_4855

IMG_4847

IMG_4823

IMG_4830

IMG_4931

IMG_4829

IMG_4918

IMG_4928

IMG_4880


When I asked a couple of them if they were ready to head back to school, their response was a collective "NO"! I really think they all had such fun just playing and being kids.
IMG_4887

IMG_4875

And as if all that weren't enough for one day, I decided, after talking to his teacher, that I would check him and Peyton out of school and do something fun just the three of us.  So we hit up a 12:35 middle of the day movie at the Rave.  We enjoyed our popcorn and cookies, while watching Home in 3D.  It was a pretty cute movie, though I must say there was a short stretch in there where the dark room and comfortable chairs had me sleeping pretty soundly.  I sure love these boys and I feel grateful to be their Mommy! To quote my Dad, "we made a memory" and that's for sure!!

IMG_6300

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...