Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pumpkin Patch with the Family

Recently we did the pumpkin patch as a family.   I'm completely bummed, I've been trying to shoot more in manual mode instead of automatic and several of my group shots were over exposed but here's a few from our time together.

The morning we went to the pumpkin patch was fairly mild weather, but it turned warm toward the end.   The big boys were excited to get some pumpkins that they could carve, they've been begging me to do this, so we obliged.  We went back out to Bo Brook Farms and the kids had a great time.  They enjoyed the tube slide, seeing the farm animals, running through the field of pumpkins, playing in the hay maze and riding on the trailer behind the tractor.
IMG_8263

Pumpkins!!!


Our very responsible son went and got a wheel barrow for us to haul our pumpkin loot back to the car.
IMG_8265

IMG_8332

IMG_8267

IMG_8271

Gourds

IMG_8327

We enjoyed our hayride, though Ava Jane didn't want to look at the camera in any of these pictures.
IMG_8336

IMG_8342

We ran into some dear friends and their kids which was super fun!  Nicole, I was so glad to have gotten to see your face and hug your neck, can't wait for you to be back here in Little Rock!!   
Untitled

I realize that I'm on a short time frame as far as my older boys still wanting to go to the pumpkin patch, but for now, they still get great pleasure from the festive fall fun, so I'll take it while I can get it!  I do, so much enjoy, our trips to the farm fields outside of Little Rock.  The boys are always thrilled to see the John Deere tractors, to wear their cowboy boots and to search out their perfect pumpkin.  Here are our trips from 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
20101031 Pumpkin Patch

And just so that you see what happens behind the pictures (and so that I remember, when I read back through this here blog months and years from now) there were harry, ugly moments too…here's a picture of Ava Jane having a knock down, drag out, reaction to having to leave the slide and head to the car.  Every moment is not all pretty and magical, its just real life.  Gotta take the good with the bad.
IMG_8361

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...