Sunday, September 10, 2017

High's and Low's of Late

Here's a few high's and lows over the last week, we've had some illnesses, we've had some crying, we've had homework frustration and been a tad overwhelmed by the after school activity schedule plus homework load.  There's been real highs and very low lows, here's a few as of late.

Low:  We have had our fair share of visits to the doctor's office over the past three weeks.  With everything from unknown white spots on the bottom of two kids feet (of which we now need to see a Pediatric dermatologist to determine what it is) to one child with Pneumonia and another with Strep.  I really love our Pediatrician, but I do not want to go see him again for some time.  (Visiting his office 1-2 times a week for the past three weeks has been plenty for us!)
IMG_0447IMG_0277
And with five in tow, it is definitely not all that F-U-N to go multiple times a week for weeks on end, though I can be grateful for the fact that there was a pill or liquid medicine that I could run right to the pharmacy and pickup and within a few days, the kids were on the mend.  That, is truly something to be thankful for, so that is a high.
IMG_0338
High: Peyton went fishing with Poppy and Grammy and the other kids and caught this nice size bass!  He was so proud and now has the itch for more!!
21088FB3-C4C9-43D3-A1A8-B7877FE0C8C6
Low: The prongs on my center stone of my wedding ring were loose, so I'd put my rings in a ziplock bag to take to the jewelry store and had it sitting in the console of my car.  Adam saw some trash in the side of the door (which I lovingly use as my trash can) and he assumed that the ziplock bag (in the cupholder of my console) was also trash.  I was taking in groceries when he decided to "clean" out the car and I didn't realize he'd done this.  We jumped in the car to take the kids to baseball practice and got home late that evening.  I started looking for my ring bag and couldn't put my hands on it so I asked Adam if he'd seen it?  When he said he didn't know, but that he'd cleaned out the car, we had a little spat about him not cleaning out the car for me anymore (since I take it to the car wash and vacuum it out 1-2x per week) then I proceeded to start looking through the trashcans.  We COULD NOT find it in the dark.  The next day I literally put on work gloves and started tearing through ALL.THE.TRASHBAGS!!  One by one I rifled through three nasty bags when I finally found my rings!  I was thrilled and relieved and tears came to my eyes!  Phew, that was a close one.
IMG_0419
High: Molly, my sister in law, teaches piano and Peyton is starting his sixth year of lessons with her.  We decided to try something new this year, with her coming to my house to give lessons to her son Jojo and my three boys while I watch her other kids.  So far, we've had only one totally successful lesson.  The second week Lawson had Pneumonia so her kids couldn't come and last week Emerson had Strep so we cancelled all together.  I'm hoping to get to spend more time with my nephews and niece this year so here's hoping we can hit a healthy streak for all the peeps!
IMG_0340
IMG_0343
Low: On top of all our visits to the pediatrician, pour Emerson ended up having to have 4, that's
F-O-U-R, teeth pulled at one time because his adult teeth were coming in and his baby teeth weren't even lose.  He was a trooper and did really well.  (You can't beat the movie playing in the ceiling; it sure made the procedure enjoyable!)
IMG_0439
Here he is before.
IMG_0434
And here he is afterward!  Yikes!  It looked so yucky, but thankfully his adult teeth (that were very far back, have already started moving forward and more into the proper place, so that's good!)  And he has this funny little lisp from the missing teeth that is super cute to listen to.
IMG_0442
High: These sweet friends make me smile.  They have this sweet little friendship and I'm so thankful.  
IMG_0520

1 comment:

  1. nice blog, thanks to Author, Saloon Montage Provides is hair salon in leesburg va, it provides hair color, hair dye, hair cut, spa, massage services visit to our website for more information

    ReplyDelete

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...