Thursday, September 14, 2017

Ava Jane's 5th Birthday - A Tea Party

I cannot understand how today, September 14th, 2017, we could possibly be celebrating Ava Jane's fifth birthday.  I still vividly remember my water breaking, getting to the hospital and having just under two hours before we welcomed her into our world.  She was a dream come true, an answered prayer, a miracle in the works.  We couldn't have possibly imagined what the next weeks and months would have held for her, but we were thrilled to be holding her in our arms that day in 2012, kissing her soft cheeks and enjoying snuggling her up tight.   Her brothers were thrilled to meet her, to love on her and ultimately bring her home.  We became a family of six that day.

Since then we have gotten through a major heart surgery, blood pressure medicines, slowly learning to crawl, walk and talk. We wondered when she would finally say more than ten words, she was two and a half.   Once she started talking, it seemed to come quickly and we were excited to hear the thoughts running around in her mind.   Since then there's been lots of laughter, wrestling with Daddy, toe nail painting, costume wearing, book reading and singing.  She's an active little girl who is growing a tad bit sassy day by day, but she is sweet as ever and we love her so!

This year she had asked for a tea party for her birthday so I set about planning a little soiree.  I went smaller this year, and invited a few of her closest little friends.  It was more manageable and honestly enjoyable for me.  I think Ava Jane had a great time playing with her sweet friends and if I do say so myself, I think they were pretty cute as they colored, sipped, dressed up and played outside.

I had fun pulling this tea party off!  Ava Jane wasn't thrilled to wear her hat, but she humored me a bit.  And thanks to Donna, I had a hat to wear (and now I'm ready for the Derby if I ever get the chance to go!) 
IMG_8384
I served food that was child friendly with cinnamon raisin and cream cheese sandwiches, peanut butter and strawberry jam heart shaped sandwiches, fruit, candy coated pretzel sticks and strawberry wafer cookies drizzled with chocolate.  And instead of tea, these girls had raspberry lemonade.
IMG_8308
IMG_0299
IMG_0291
IMG_8315
IMG_0296
IMG_0297
IMG_0301
They each got a hat and a pearl necklace to wear.
IMG_0302
As the girls arrived we started with a craft.  There was a coloring page, stickers and a "teacup" to decorate.
IMG_0286
IMG_8324
IMG_8332
IMG_0289
Afterwards we had lunch and they had some time together around the dining room table.
IMG_8349
IMG_8343
IMG_0305
I'm gonna put this out right here, if you like to throw parties, you must check out Talking Tables they have the most adorable paper products and they aren't much more then Party City prices but are way more cute!  It's where I found these paper plates and napkins that look like real china but have the ease of paper plates!
IMG_8346
These sweet girls had fun helping us celebrate Ava Jane's birthday!  Aren't they so cute?!
IMG_0311
We all enjoyed being with Ava Jane on her special day.
IMG_8296
IMG_8302
Strawberry iced cupcakes were her choice so that's what she got.  Sweet one , we love you so much!  
IMG_8358
She loved all the girly gifts that she was given.  How fun it was to get Barbie dolls, a real purse, and other fun items.  She has loved playing with it all!!  Happy Birthday Ava Jane!  We are so thankful God put you in our family and that we get a front row seat to the story He's writing for you!!
IMG_8371
IMG_0315-2IMG_8306



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...