Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Isn't She Lovely

This past year has been a first for Ava Jane, she was finally old enough to start dance lessons.  I took dance until I started cheering in High School and it was one of my all time favorite things to do.  So when Ava Jane began dancing with little girls whose mother's I had danced with, at Joel's House of Dance so many years ago, I truly feel like things have come full circle.

She hasn't loved going to class every single week, but for the most part she has enjoyed going to see Mrs. Allison and Mrs. Janna at Shuffles.  I was most impressed with their weekly dress code (a black leotard with pink tights) and how modesty does seem to be a priority.  The music chosen has been classic and the teachers and assistants are truly so kind and patient with the girls.  I have been thoroughly impressed with our year there and loved getting to watch the recital this past weekend.

Ava Jane was excited to get up on the stage and was thrilled to put lip stick and blush on!  Here's my sweet girl waiting backstage, where there were lots of cute girls in costumes and Mom's fluffing, curling, make-uping and texting loved ones to see where their seats were saved in the theatre.
IMG_2182
IMG_2203
IMG_2200
The girls danced to "Isn't She Lovely" and it was so cute to watch!  There were many "shuffle big steps", "heel steps" and of course some sparkly hands!  I was so proud of Ava Jane, she got right up there and did her little number and loved every minute!  (Ava Jane is on the back row third from the left.)
IMG_7236
IMG_7221
IMG_7219
This little girl enjoyed posing and taking pictures with the photographer (I'm waiting on my digital copies, so i-phone pics will have to do for now). Isn't she a doll?!!
IMG_2082
IMG_2084
IMG_2088
Way to go sweet girl!  We are so proud of you!
IMG_2204

IMG_2208



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...